Important things to note:
- Wilton pan has instructions and also a recipe. Perhaps their recipe works with what they stated; however, it DID NOT apply to the recipe i used.
- Fill the pan for the bottom portion of the cake, leaving approx 1 inch room at the top instead of 2/3 full
- Fill the pan for top portion completely FULL. I made this mistake and the cake didn't spread to the edges of the pan
- Cake most likely takes longer than 1 hour and 10 minutes. I used a gas stove, took approx 1hr and 25 minutes and the bottom portion couldve still been cooked a little bit longer
- There will be scraps left over as the cake does dome. I've cut off the tops and can be used for cake pops!
Moist Chocolate Cake
adapted from TasteofHome
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add oil, coffee and milk. Whisk until combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well incorperated (about 2 min.). It will be quite runny.
- Grease and flour giant cupcake pan. Pour the batter into the pans and bake at 325ºF for approximately 1hr and 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 min. before removing to cool completely.